Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Back in the ER
We were back in the ER today for Jr.'s stomach pains. Turns out he did have an appendicitis and had to have surgery. We were admitted around 9am, he had the surgery at 2pm, then I left at 8pm to come home for the night. Tong is spending the night at the hospital with him. I feel so bad because I'm sure he was in more pain than he was showing. They said most kids in his position would be in much worse condition but because he's a little "chubby" the fat lining in his stomach wrapped around the appendix and kept the inflamation from spreading to other organs. Apparently, this is a self preservation tactic programed into our bodies, but his extra fat came in especially handy. He's fine now, but because the appendix actually ruptured, he's going to be hospitalized for a week so they can continue administering antibiotics to prevent infection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment